This week, I cleaned out my cabinets and organized my stockpile. My husband have been working long days and evenings for 2 1/2 years. I needed to see what we actually have in our stockpile and this way I can plan our meals.
- It really is a great resource to fall back on when money is tight.
- You know what you eat and you will have it on hand when you need that item.
- When items are on sale adding money to your budget on a later day.
How to Stockpile?
- Store the things you eat.
- Inventory the items you have
- Rotate- New items in back…older to front.
Where to store your stockpile?
- Beware of extreme heat or cold and an excess of light. Keep in a cool, dry and dark place. This may be your cabinets, under a bed in a box or under the stairs.
How can I stockpile when I am broke?
- You can start one or two can goods at a time.
- Using your coupons
- buy one get one free.
I stockpiling and am not hoarding. By stockpiling you have ingredients in your home and when you are really broke you can “shop in your cupboards” I have said many times when we are the most broke we eat the best. I prepare and plan our meals. When you really think about what you are going to eat you can save money.
If you have any stockpiling tips I would love to hear! Have a great day, Candy