I have been out of the coupon loop….I just wasn’t using coupons. Last week I started again and I had saved $53.56. What a great feeling and I have missed it.
For our daughter graduation dinner and Mother’s day I wanted to take my family out to dinner. My husband accused me of not being frugal. This was a cut to my heart. Well, I went to Kroger which had quadruple gas points and bought our Apple Bee gift cards and now can save on out gas. This is an idea with gas prices skyrocketing. Right now Kroger has double gas points if you buy a gift card. Just a thought!
Coupons….Where to begin
- You need coupons– You can buy the Sunday paper, ask friends or relatives to save their coupons if they aren’t using them, Computer Coupons, Website coupons from the stores to the product.
- How to store your coupons….. I use a binder and my dear friend Paula at Monroe on a budget uses a coupon box. We both love our way….You have to find what work for you.
- Learn the coupon lingo here is a list Paula and I have used for our Shopping on a budget course.
- There are many coupon blogs that do all the hard work of matching the store to the coupon in our area. It is a lot of hard work and time and they do it for us to save. Wonderful!
- Learn your stores coupon policy. I called my store when I started uses the coupons.
- Don’t think on your first coupon try you are going to save hundreds….small steps and celebrate each little victory.
Let me know how your coupon adventures are going. Have a blessed day, Candy