I am sure many of us have different things we use to make ours lives easier, save money and reuse.
Here are a few ideas and if you have any please add:
- Canning jars–
- They can be used as drinking glasses,
- Candles- you can make candles and fill the jar with the wax or put a votive in it and use it as little lantern to light a outdoor walk way.
- I have started using them for storage like my Parmesan cheese.
- Jars can also be used like the envelope system of sorts. label each one…. example: grocery,gas, entertainment and emergency and when you get paid put you set the amount in each jar. this is a way to use cash and Cash hurts when you spend it.
- Jars can also be a pencil holder, in the garage for odds and ends
- Flower vase jar is wonderful in the summertime!
- Peanut butter jar lids– fit nicely on my canning jars for storage purposes.
- Rubber bands– My grandma always did this and now I find myself doing the same. Wrap a rubber band around a chip bag to keep it fresh (Top to bottom instead of a clip). Rubber bands also keep our electrical and cell phone cords nice and tidy.
- Pizza cutter– I like to use my pizza cutter to cut homemade noodles they are thinner and straighter. I also use a pizza cutter to cut grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Toilet paper cardboard rolls– They can also be used to keep extension cords together and organized when they are not in use.
- I love rubber spatulas to get every drop of batter. Like the spatula a baby spoon with the rubber coating works for small little containers.
- Used fabric sheets– work great for dusting and polishing chrome.
- Dental floss- When I was a kid my mom used a piece of thread to cut our brick cheese for grilled cheese. We have a cheese cutter, but couldn’t locate it this week and I found My husband mom always used thread too. I had heard dental floss it worked great and it did.
I would love to hear some of your new uses for old things. Have a great day, Candy