I am always looking for ways to save money….. how about a solar clothes dryer. It is a piece of rope extended between two poles and tied tight then you add some clothes pins and your clothes and viola´ solar clothes dryer! I am surprised how many do not hang their clothes out in the summer; it’s free money to me.
I love this time of the year when I can hang my clothes out. I wash a load before work and hang it out and when I get home they are dry….nothing better then fresh line dried clothes.
The beginning of the line dried season make sure to clean your clothes line with some bleach and water before you use it.
Why hang your clothes out?
- Saves your money on energy
- your clothes will last longer
- The fresh smell is wonderful
- reduces the need to iron.
How to hang your clothes? I shake the piece before hanging to line up seams and get any wrinkles out I can and loosen the fabric.
- Hang shirts at the waist and don’t pull to tight between the pins, Lyndsey my youngest daughter said I stretch her shirts out when I do that.
- I have an umbrella clothes line I love to hang shirts on plastic hangers then when dried I hang them right into the closets.
- Jeans by the waist They will dry much faster.
- Dress pants I line up seams and hang at the bottom….this leaves a nice pleat
- Towels– I dry them in the dryer for about 10 minutes then I hang them out then they aren’t as stiff.
- hang colored clothes inside out the sun will bleach them. The sun is great for your whites.
- underwear I don’t I think the dryer is good for them but you can hang them in the shield of your other clothes.
- Socks– I match them and hang them together at the top ankle.
- Rugs– The little ones here and there in my home. I never dry them in the dryer because it breaks down the rubber backing. I hang them to dry over my fence.
Have a great day and enjoy the sun, Candy