I am still thinking how to live on 1 income. We discussed about budgeting and food saving ideas. If you missed part 1
Cutting out convenience- If you were to ask a group of us what is a convenience? I bet we would all have different ideas. This is sometimes a hard thing to do, but if you do you will save your budget some cash.
- Quit using credit cards– The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 When we use credit cards and can’t pay them back at the end of the month. We are Living beyond our means.
- Live within your means! Save for what you want! Anything worth having is worth waiting for!
- Look for thing you can do without. The usual things like newspaper and eating out, but how can you push it a little and really save. Maybe the cable or consolidating to one car.
- Use less– Shampoo, laundry soap is a great place to start, but how about water. Shower take less water then a bath. Only wash full loads of laundry, full loads in the dishwasher and we only fill one of the soap cups and our dishes come out great.
- Hair cuts– I have always done our own hair cuts but now my boys like their hair a little longer so it is getting harder. We receive coupons from a local hair salon for $6. Then I can keep it up for a while and save.
- Barter– Goods and services we are all looking for ways to save and this is a great way. It doesn’t hurt to ask!
- Car pool– to work, shopping and errands and it is better to be with a friend.
- Bulk club membership– like Sam’s or Costco go with a friend and split the fee. I can’t say I always find the best deals at my club, but it doesn’t hurt to look and you will find them.
What are some convenience you are doing without I would love to hear. Have a great night, Candy